Human Dignity provides on-site and online training courses for national human rights NGOs and development organisations, national human rights institutions and staff of relevant ministries.
- Since November 2016, to break the language gap, we propose online trainings on ESCR in French, with our partner Synergies cooperation, certified by the French Bar Association. The Geneva Academy of international Humanitarian Law and Human Rights, a leading academic institution, has joined as a new partner in 2017 and will co lead the training with us. Our next session starts on 16 October 2017 and you can register at formationsdh.org
- In May 2016, Human Dignity organised training of representatives of Burundian NGOs as part of its project to promote economic, social and cultural rights in Burundi
- In April 2014, as part of a project by Lawyers Without Borders (ASF) to improve access to justice for vulnerable populations in Burundi, our Director trained lawyers and legal experts from the ASF pool “Legal aid” in Bujumbura (Burundi) in the field of economic, social and cultural rights (ESCR).
The principal objective of these seminars is to help participants - including NGOs - understand what ESCR are in order that they may develop their capacity to monitor, document and analyse national measures taken and further efforts to be made to realise ESCR.
These seminars are tailored to relevant audiences and include:
- An introduction to economic, social and cultural rights;
- The functioning of regional and international mechanisms for the protection of ESCR and their procedures, including the UN Committee on ESCR, the UN Special Procedures and the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights;
- Tools to assist participants in preparing alternative reports and recommendations to relevant UN mechanisms or to the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights;
- Methods for monitoring and following up on the recommendations adopted by the relevant mechanisms (adapted to the national context).
Do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information about our training courses: email@example.com