Human Dignity provides on-site and online training courses for national human rights NGOs and development organisations, national human rights institutions and staff of relevant ministries.
- In situ: As part of our various projects, we organize national or regional trainings. In April 2014 and in May 2016, we trained more than 50 representatives of Burundian NGOs and lawyers on ESCR in Burundi. A regional training in The Gambia was held in November 2017 for NGO representatives from 10 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Sign up for our newsletter to be informed of our upcoming sessions.
- Upon request : in November 2017, we organized a training on ESCR at the request of the 1st French development NGO, CCFD - Terre solidaire. Contact us for any additional information and request at email@example.com. We will be happy to build with you the training most suited to your goals and target audiences.
- Online: Since November 2016, to break the language gap, we propose an online training on ESCR in French, with our partner Synergies cooperation, certified by the French Bar Association. The Geneva Academy of international Humanitarian Law and Human Rights, a leading academic institution, has joined as a new partner in 2017 and now co lead the training with us.
Our online training is certified by the French National Bar Council and can also be conducted at your own pace.
The principal objective of these seminars is to help participants - including NGOs - understand what ESCR are in order that they may develop their capacity to monitor, document and analyse national measures taken and further efforts to be made to realise ESCR.
These seminars are tailored to relevant audiences and include:
- An introduction to economic, social and cultural rights;
- The functioning of regional and international mechanisms for the protection of ESCR and their procedures, including the UN Committee on ESCR, the UN Special Procedures and the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights;
- Tools to assist participants in preparing alternative reports and recommendations to relevant UN mechanisms or to the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights;
- Methods for monitoring and following up on the recommendations adopted by the relevant mechanisms (adapted to the national context).