Our vision is of a world in which everyone is able to live in dignity; where water and sanitation, food, health, work, education, housing and culture are recognized as rights to be enjoyed – in full - by all human beings.
It is our mission to contribute to the respect, protection and realisation of all economic, social and cultural rights for all, as an integral part of the full realisation of all human rights, by supporting national efforts in the fight against poverty and inequality and by integrating human rights principles, norms and standards in public policies.
Our mission focuses on five strategic objectives:
- Monitoring States' compliance with international human rights standards, in particular the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights,
- Identifying challenges and obstacles to the realisation of economic, social and cultural rights (ESCR) at the national level,
- Promoting ESCR at national and regional levels,
- Raising public awareness on ESCR,
- Assisting victims of violations of ESCR and their representatives to obtain justice and redress.